Saturday, May 19, 2012

Review: Oyin Handmade Juices and Berries Review

I first used Oyin Handmade's Juices and Berries when I received the March CurlKit. I have always heard of Oyin Handmade's products and never heard a negative review. So when I got this product I was very excited to use it. Although I wasn't sure of how to use Juices and Berries I found out very quickly from one use.

Source: www.oyinhandmade.com

This product claims to be an all natural oil free, nourishing blend of herbs leave in spray that has multiple uses. It helps to condition and stimulate the scalp, detangle the hair and a general refresher for wash and go's, twist outs, twists or braids. This product does contain vegetable glycerin which is a humectant (draws moisture from the air to maintain moisture in the hair). The scent of Juices and Berries is a "juicy fruit punch bursting with flavor". There are two other kinds, Greg Juice and Frank Juice that are the same as Juices and Berries, the only difference is the scent.
I have been using Juices and Berries as a moisturizer combined with a butter to help my hair to stay moisturized, shiny and soft for 3-4 days at a time. Prior to the use of this product, my hair was always dry when I used water as my refresher but I have since stopped using water as a way to give my hair moisture. Another great addition is that my hair doesn't shrink up with this product as it does with water, so that was a really nice surprise. I bought a full sized 8oz product at the WNHS last month and I have been using it everyday since and I haven't even made a dent. This is now a staple in my regime!


Verdict: A. Everything the product claimed to do is exactly what it did. The only "bad" thing, is that it is best to use the product within 6-12 months because the ingredients, as it says on the label. Besides that, I love the product and I will be purchasing more in the future. It costs $12 on www.oyinhandmade.com for an 8oz bottle.  


Have you used this product? Do you like it?
Thank you for reading!

2 comments:

  1. I love Juice and Berries too. I use it to refresh my curls for second day hair. I like how it sprays out and not a bullseye straight shot (WTH is that about?!?). I do not have a problem with the time frame for this product, it will be used well before 6 months.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL Yea I hate the straight shot products, those make absolutely no sense. And you are so right about the time frame, for me it will be done way before the 6 months but for those that take a longer time may have an issue with it. Thank you for commenting!

      Delete