Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Review: Cantu Shea Butter Leave In

As a born and bred PJ (Product Junkie), when someone raves about a product, I am more than eager to go and buy it immediately. 
So when MeechyMonroe raved about the Cantu Shea Butter leave in Conditioning Repair Cream and experienced great results with her twist outs, I figured it was a must have. Sadly for me, I didn't have the same results. Ever since my heat damage I have been trying to retain moisture and keep my hair soft. This product didn't help me with that. 


I would have to say that I was apprehensive to use this product when I first went natural because of this: 
I don't fully understand the warning because I have a whole head of new growth but when I saw other naturals use it with no problems, I caved in. 








The product is creamy and fairly thick. It goes on smoothly and gives me enough slip for detangling. It has a very pleasant smell that lingers very lightly. It  goes on white but dries clear. I have been using it for about 4 months and every time I have used it I was disappointed. My hair was dry, brittle and dull. I thought the heat damage was preventing my hair from retaining moisture. But the leave in was actually drying my hair out, no matter how much shea butter and oils I applied. The first three ingredients are water, shea butter and soybean oil. The product also contains "cones" (silicones) so that may just be the culprit. But then again, I have used cones in the past and I really haven't had any issues.
Being a PJ has its risks but it is a learning process finding out what works best for your hair. So long story short, this product will either be swapped or stored in the back of my collection. But don't get discouraged if you have been waiting to try this product, it may just work for you.


Do you like this product?


  

No comments:

Post a Comment