Sunday, July 22, 2012

Review: Original Moxie-Emollience Penetrating Moisture

These days I have been craving more moisture and shine for my hair and when I was younger I used to do a lot of hot oil treatments. I just thought I would go back to basics and do what works.


Source: itsAvalon (Instagram)
Emollience Penetrating Moisture by Original Moxie is a Castor oil based pre-poo. When I first heard of this product I was so intrigued because the name sounded very luscious and moisturizing. This product claims to give an extra boost of moisture to dry hair and give it back it's luster. Emollience is enriched with Cupuacu butter which is a rich thick emollient found in Brazil and has ultra moisturizing properties due to its high phytosterol levels (helps to trap in moisture). 
I ordered a sample size to try it out but now I'm thinking I should have bought a full sized product. On wash day, I would apply this product to dry, dirty hair. I would usually keep it on for about an hour or so with a foil cap to trap in the heat. On removal of the foil cap, my hair is so soft and so moisturized I get tempted to not wash it out. It is fairly thick and melts easily to apply to the hair. It has a very earthy and spicy scent that doesn't linger after it's washed out.

The sample size (1oz) costs $5.50, 3oz-$16.00, 6oz-$30.00 and can be purchased here: www.originalmoxie.com


Verdict: A. I haven't seen drastic changes in the moisture level of my but I know with continued use I would see a difference. This will definitely be a staple in my hair regime. If you love pre-poos and oils you should definitely purchase this product.


Thank you for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment